Sunday, October 01, 2006

I Have A Crush On John Mayer


In his, "Your Body Is A Wonderland" days, my heart was far from soaring. It's now, when he sings of how our generation will one day take over the world and how we are waiting for the world to change, that I truly begin to fall head over heels.

I admit this announcement comes on the heels of going to a bar last night with a doorman that looked strikingly similar to Mr. Mayer, only a little bit more tired, a little more worn, a little more about to tie up his upper arm with elastic between his teeth. What does this have to do with me acknowledging my obsession for John Mayer? Well I kept picturing fake!John Mayer with a guitar and his trademark smile, walking under a beautiful bridge in black and white and I couldn't stop myself from getting giddy. I think I freaked fake!John Mayer out a little bit.

I've been trying to push aside my crush--writing it off as my uncanny ability to fall for any guy who holds that guitar just right. But no, this crush extends my mere fascination with musicians. Sorry Chris, Tyson, that guy who played at The Knitting Factory on August 3rd of last year, Nic, Brandon, Jason, and even you Rhett. There's a new man on the block.

When he put on that bear suit and walked around in the parking lot where people were tailgating for his own concert... hilarious.

It's official: I have a crush on John Mayer.

No comments: