Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sweaty Goats and Tap Water

I love putting two things together in a sentence that is seemingly random and may even provoke some sort of knee-jerk reaction. I guess in this instance, you'd have to have a strong aversion of goats or tap water for that to be the case. This evening brought these two seemingly random statements together in an interesting way. One minute I'm sitting in my den watching Spiderman II, the next, I'm dressed up like a nun with a goat mask on.

Long story short, a filmmaker friend of mine decided to do some re-shoots on his movie, Rock and Roll Eulogy. If you venture to the website, that might be enough to explain exactly why I was a nun dressed with a goat's mask. (It's a exploitation film, somewhat similar to Reefer Madness in the sense of style and tone.)

Anyway, I said "sweaty goats" didn't I? The masks were hot, the suits were hot. A sweet cocktail further dehydrated my poor body. At one point I thought that maybe they would somehow have to work in why one of the nuns passes out for seemingly no reason. Alas, I survived. Hopefully I can finagle some pictures. To tide you over, here's one of me as Goody Girl #1, (one of my 3(!) roles, and yes, I'm proud).

My roommates and I are all separating ways within the next few weeks. Roomie #1 left today. She took her Brita with her. After exhausting all the ice trays, (which had been filled with filtered water), I was left to drench my shriveled insides with tap water. I'm not a water snob or anything, but I have a hard time rationalizing the consumption of foggy water, even if it does clear up after a minute or two of settling. Eck!

No comments: