Monday, September 25, 2006

September 22nd

You know when a date comes and goes with a nagging feeling that something special is happening on that day? Where you go through your list of acquaintances, thumbing off their birthdays and anniversaries. Check the calender, that you hardly keep up with, knowing that something is happening on that day. This year, September 22 was, or rather is, that day. It is three days later and I have yet to figure out what I missed.

I scanned IMDB to see if it was a celebrity's birthday or death day, only realizing that besides the birth of Bonnie Hunt, it's probably the most uneventful day in movie history. I just can't figure this out. I have faces in my head, one's I can not reconcile with this day at all, but my brain won't let them go. I know I missed something, this day plagues me, and I can't, for the life of me, figure out why.

September twenty-second, September 22. What a quandry. I give my sincere apologies to whoever I stood-up on this day. Was it a birthday? Did I have plans that, due to my lack of organization, I forgot? Maybe I did something memorable on this day last year? Nothing. I'm getting nothing.

No comments: