Monday, January 29, 2007

Carpe Diem in Review

I've been living for the day in NY lately. Quicker than quick review for elaboration later:

-Met and befriended NYPD officer! Scarily enough, he's my age. Gave me new perspective into the job. Amazing conversation.

-Sister came in town.

-Bought classic "little black dress", but of course, this one has a Betsy twist.

-Great Saturday night with hatches, strangers, dance party extraordinaires, twins, sombreros (see left), missed connections, calling a complete stranger a fashion victim to his face (Yikes!), AND nachos!



-Jack Bauer Power Hour.

-Walking through wonderful snow.

-Girl America by Mat Kearney.

Basically if my life were always this exciting, well, I'd be a busy little fun-haver. Like an heiress. Oh NY, why do you have to be so nice right as I'm saying goodbye?

ps: Anyone else know that Kiefer Sutherland's real name is Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland? (I did that from memory, but here's your proof.) Yeah!

He brings the hottness like no one's business. I might have to bump him up to #2 on my Top 5 over 40 list. (No one can touch Clooney.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny how things happen.

I was googling around trying to find out who sings "Heartbeats", and I stumbled across your blog.

I will admit that blogging has always seemed dumb to me, just another unsolicited opinion or viewpoint in a sea of the same.

But your words have touched me tonight, your unashamed honesty and depth of feeling.

You have inspired me to write a love letter of my own this Valentine's Day, for my future wife. Sometimes it's easy to forget the truth and value in sincerity, and the secret things that two can share. I think she deserves it. Thanks for reminding me.

I'm glad I stopped by. I wish you well.

-Casey

ms bct said...

To day that I'm flattered is an understatement. I was pretty sure no one really read this thing, and to get a comment like that first thing in the morning, was possibly one of the greatest surprises ever.

I used to feel the same way about blogs until I started writing one. It's a place where I feel like I can vent and talk about whatever's on my mind without feeling like a broken record with my friends. The accidentally touching a person's life is a perk I was not expecting.

Thanks so much for the comment. You've really made my day, and I can't say enough how touched I am. I hope your future wife enjoys her love letter, as I'm sure she will. She sounds like a very lucky lady! I wish you the best, and thanks again.

-Betsy