Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm Sore...and Bruised...and Tired

This weekend I went swimming and was able to live my dream of being to go swimming with my pooch. Unfortunately, she didn't take to the water as much as I was hoping and proceeded to kick the living socks off of me. And I tried a few times, so the end result was a battered me. Then last night, despite having not picked up a softball in three years, I played in a game. I was outfield and the lowlight of my game was when a grounder came to me, and I tripped, on nothing, got the ball, and threw it to god-knows where. The highlight was when a grounder came to me, a little to the right, and I slid on my knees, scooped it up and tossed it to second. Between the falls and all the running, my legs are sore and I'm pretty sure my knee wants to disown me. I was playing on the team from my new job and am going to feel quite silly limping into work this morning.

In other news, I went to The Abbey in West Hollywood for dinner and drinks on Saturday and a newly married gay couple walked in. The whole place erupted into cheers and clapping and it was such a wonderful moment that tears pricked my eyes.

My parents are coming to stay with me this weekend, actually sleep in my apartment and everything, and I'm thinking it will be a good weekend if it doesn't end in divorce or manslaughter.

Funny how time flies when I'm writing on this thing. Must go get in the shower. Have a pleasant day.

Oh and I hate to report this but Spark, for those of you who may be checking in, is not quite done yet. I feel like such a jerk for not finishing it yet but it's been a busy couple of months. It's coming soon-ish. I'm sorry for the wait.

No comments: