Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Aliens in America

Okay, first off, I loved it! Seriously! It was funny and endearing and I love the two boys, Dan Byrd and Adhir Kalyan. They are just fantastic.

I recognized the father from a "Sex in The City" episode from back in the day. And when Scott Patterson says the character is a blank slate, he's right. Not that Patrick Breen wasn't good, it's just not a huge part and doesn't have many characteristics that add too much to the show. (And he reminded me a lot of David Sutcliff, which is kinda humorous considering...) I have no idea how SP is going to play the father, but I can't wait to find out. Most importantly, I think he will be able to do it. And do it well.

Anyway, the music was awesome and the mother is awesome. I can't say enough good things. Cherry on top? The principal reminds me a tad bit of Principal Blackman from "Strangers With Candy". The first scene in which you see him, there's a subtle hilarious thing he does that immediately gave me a good feeling about this show.

For as many wonderful things I can say about it, my informed friend believes it's not going to make it. Which is unfortunate on many levels. I hope she's wrong. But for my part, I'll spread the word to tune in October 1st, with the assurance that audiences won't be disappointed. I'm a little sad that it's on The CW, considering the low ratings it will probably get as a result, but hopefully, it will still be able to do well, even if only by CW standards.

Yay for AIA being good! I can totally see why SP was drawn to this project!

(It's hard to review something that you love! There's nothing to gripe about!)

No comments: