Monday, July 23, 2007

Useless Info About Drugs

Drugs. I would never have expected to be doing a blog about drugs, but today has just been one of those days. I went to the dentist today, (follow-up appt), and when I was speaking to the hygenist about how I was from NC, she told me she had a friend there. He is a neurosurgeon apparently. Then, out of nowhere, and quite unexpectedly, she leans in and is like, "I don't know how he does it after all the LSD we used to do!"

Bwah! I'm just going to skip over the part where this guy works on people's brains, (and that she was about to work on my mouth). But I laughed, and she laughed with me, but mine was more of those startled laughs where something catches you so off guard that you don't know what else to do. The fact that this woman felt so comfortable with me that she shared such an interesting tidbit about her past, was just so unexpected! You don't expect that from your hygentist, let me tell you!

Anyway, now here I am now watching this thing on cocaine on the History channel. The "Hooked" series. Pretty awesome, btw. It's discussing cocaine, and let me tell you, this stuff is interesting. Did you know that Freud was addicted to cocaine? And that the very dreams he had and became famous for interpreting, were cocaine induced? Also, it was used medicinally at first, in over-the-counter drugs given to adults and children alike. Causing all sorts of addictions and craziness in all sorts of people. (All ages!) Insanity! AND, if that wasn't enough cocaine trivia, then try this on for size. The south made it illegal before the federal government because they believed it made black people violent towards white people. That's right! Double-u tee f people.

Anyway, it's late and I'm all out of drug trivia at the moment. Have a good day people of the world and thanks for reading.

No comments: