Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I Smell A Blog Entry

Sometimes things happen in life in which you are powerless to do anything except write a blog entry. Such an event happened to me yesterday. I was riding with my friend around town and spotted possibly the most intriguing billboard I have ever seen. It read: "Life is Short, Have an Affair" and then gave a website. My friend and I were stupified at the prospect that this billboard was actually ENCOURAGING people to have affairs. I immediately stated, "I smell a blog entry."

Because what kind of society do we live in that makes it okay for people to publically try and convince people to lie and cheat and damage your family for their own gain? And actually say, "Hey it's okay to do all this horrible stuff that, let's face it, never turns out well for any parties involved, because life is short, and hey, that means it's all okay."

Surely this was a misunderstanding. Me and my naive little heart decided that when they said "affair" they actually meant vacation. (I chose to ignore the intimate position of the two people on the sign.) But I looked up the website, because honestly, wouldn't you? If for no other reason than to just make sure that this is not as horrifying as it sounds. And look up I did. And it wasn't as bad as it sounds, right? Wrong! It's worse! If you thought "Life is short, Have an affair", is in poor taste, try these. "When monogamy becomes monotony." "People who are inclined to have affairs are usually more attractive." "It's stimulating, naughty, and fun at the same time!"

Yeah that's right my innocent little creatures. Our world sucks! This site is even more horrendous than the giant billboard. If I'm not mistaken, I believe that this site is trying to convince you to have an affair. Telling you it's going to be fun, the people are really attractive, and hey, what a great escape from normal day to day life.

So basically, yeah. It's a horrifying prospect that people actually use this service enough that they can afford a giant billboard in Hollywood. They even brag about how many people have signed up with them: clocking in at one million, three-hundred ninty-five thousand! (Wha--!?!) What a sad state of affairs. (Pun intended.)

On a more exciting note, another billboard I saw yesterday was promoting the show in which I make my LA editing debut! Woo! "Murder" premieres on Spike TV, next Tuesday night, July 31st, at 10pm! Yippee!

No comments: