Monday, May 05, 2008

Work, work, work! (Sleep?)

I am up early as the sun today to start my hell week. It's actually awesome week because I ended up getting an amazing job last week! Okay, so since I have a little time, (woke up before my alarm convinced I was going to sleep in), I'll tell you the whole story. I'm going to channel Chandler for a second and have a "my diamond shoes are too tight and my hundreds won't fit in my wallet" kind of moment.

So a couple of weeks ago, despite having a job, (same place I've worked for like forever), I started applying to a few jobs to see if anything would come up. If somehow I could make the transition to editing. Well, last Wednesday, I got an interview for what I thought was an editing position, so I jumped for joy and then went to the interview. (I should probably start switching that order.) It ended up they thought I was better suited for the assistant position. I was not really looking for an assistant job, but they were awesome and really wanted me to work with them, offering me more than they had budgeted for and calling my phone to remind me that they really wanted me. On the other hand, my current job, who I went ahead and told I was considering the other job, was very ho-hum about the whole thing and didn't offer me anything to stay. So I went ahead and accepted the other offer, even though hours and money were the same. My job told me that this Thursday (night) would be my last day.

Not ten minutes later though, did I get a call from a company looking for an editor! Of course, this is an opportunity I couldn't pass up. So I went into the interview on Friday and they later called me and told me I got the job. I accepted without hesistation and called the other job. I apologized profusely, but they were totally cool and completely understood. Problem is, new job starts today. (days), and old job ends Thursday, (nights). So basically, I'm left working both for this week. How am I going to juggle it all? Only time will tell!

But editing, woo!!!

And then, yesterday, my phone was stolen from the beach, after I had just taken beautiful pictures of a seal that had come to rest on the shore. I knew if I didn't get a new one yesterday, it would be an entire week before I was able to get one. Problem is, since I deactivated mine yesterday, the only way to activate it was to talk to a customer service individual, who wasn't there until today. And in one of my finer blonde moments, I decided I would just call this morning when I woke up. Except for the little fact I don't have a phone. Genius. So now, I guess I will be searching for a phone to borrow today at the new job so I can activate my phone and not be without a lifeline any longer.

Anyway, it's shower time and then work time! Woo! I'm excited and a little scared and just ready for this week to be over! Godspeed readers!

No comments: