Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Very Best Risotto

I'm easily influenced apparently, as everything I've been working on lately has made me want to do it. I'm working on an environmental show and am trying to go as organic as possible. Well there was this cooking segment where they made some risotto and it looked so good I decided to try and make some. I took their recipe and since it was incomplete, paired it with some recipes I found online, and made my own recipe. And let me just say, it's maybe the best thing I've ever made. Here's the recipe:

1 1/2 cups of Arborio Rice
1 Cup of Chardonnay
4 Cups of Organic Chicken stock
olive oil
a yellow onion
fresh asparagus
a tomato
fresh parsley
1/2 - 1 stick of butter
fresh shredded parmesan (like Digorno)

Okay, on medium heat, heat up a little bit of olive oil in a frying pan. When it's nice and hot, slowly add the chopped yellow onion. When the onion starts getting a little brownish, added a couple of handfuls of one inch pieces of the chopped asparagus. Saute those until they look nice and yummy. Add the rice. No liquid-yet. Stir the three of those around, so that the rice gets shiny with oil. Continue stirring for a few minutes. (I'm bad at measuring time.) Then add 1/3 cup of the chicken stock. Stir. When the chicken stock is fully absorbed, add another 1/3 cup. Continue until you've put 3 cups, in 1/3 increments, in the rice, (slowly, waiting each time until it's absorbed.) Now add the parsley, chopped. Mix that in and then continue the 1/3 cup of chicken stock routine three more times. Then, once all that is absorbed, switch to the white wine. Again, 1/3 cups, waiting each time for it to be completely absorbed. At this point, it should start absorbing slower. When that happens, you're getting close to deliciousness! Once, everything is absorbed, add the chopped tomato. (The fresher, the better. Go organic people!) Stir it around, until the tomato gets warm and soft and is integrated with the rice. Then, in slices, add the butter. A whole stick if you want, or a half a stick. Depends on how much you love butter I guess. Once everything is mixed, spoon to a plate and sprinkle the parmesan on top.

Prepare your mouth for the best thing ever. Eat. Love. Dance in circles. Thank me. Smile at a stranger.

It is that good.

The whole process takes about 45 mins to an hour and will feed three hungry adults. Or two really hungry adults.

So yummy!


You're Welcome

No comments: