Friday, October 10, 2008

Chilly Mornings and Other Observations

Oh my. It's so cold in LA this morning my toes are on their way to being frost-bitten. My nose is running and despite wearing a fleece and pants, I'm shivering. The real strange thing about the cold is that it's probably only 60 and I'm acting like it's in the middle of winter in NY. I'm so used to mild days, anything that strays is extreme. Also, most likely by noon today it will be 75 and sunny.

Wow, the stock market is looking quite scary, eh? That's a whole big economic discussion I'm not prepared for other than to give a Joey Lawrence, "Whoa" and move on.

Move on to.... Okay one of my biggest complaints with my dad is that he writes me emails like he is a college professor lecturing a class. The other day, I wrote him an email that was like, "Woo hoo! Check out my new apt!" He wrote me back and was like, "I'm happy to hear you are pleased with your new accommodations." It's like, "Accommodations"? Seriously? Digs, crib, apt, apartment, home, nest, anything! Accommodations is so formal. And then I'm reading some blog entries I've written and realize I'm totally starting to do that too! And I don't mean to do it! I tried to count the "quite"s in my last post and gave up. Is this pretenious talk hereditary? Eck, if so. I don't want to start emailing my friends with, "I would like to propose dinner for us tonight at the vivacious and loverly resturant located in Los Feliz on which we frequent." Or something like that.

That is all. Just a quick few things before my shower. *Pleasant day to all.

*This is purposely sophisticated.

And just for fun:



(Yes, that is "Strawberry Manilow")

No comments: