Thursday, October 30, 2008

Moving Stress........Again

Oh my gosh. Lists and lists and plans and fears are circulating like no other today. It's Thursday, and for those of you counting, two days to my official move in. And my apartment is wrecked. Wrecked! It seems packed, kind of, but now that it's so close, I'm realizing yet again, why I hate moving. It's all the little things. Like how last night I carted my 5 gallons of emergency earthquake water, that I had forgotten I had, to the new place. How I had bought a towel rack that I want to take with me, and my shower head in the shower. The curtains hanging in my living room, and how I need to replace the white blinds that were there. Stressed out yet? It is doable in 2 days but I'm working too. So regular packing I had planned plus all these tiny things that I'm remembering, all after or before, (doubtful), work. Not to mention the sheer dirtiness that has stirred up by my moving. And everytime I think I'm making progress, I open another cabinet and sigh. And Friday is Halloween and I'm not sure if I have the time to do anything. Which means cancelling the small plans I had, which was expected. And I don't even remember when or where I'm picking up my Uhaul. Although, I must admit, I'm getting so much help this time for the actual move, I'm nearly speechless. As of right now, I have 6 definites, and 3 maybes. That's a lot of man and woman power. However, that also means that I have to have everything ready to go at 11 when everyone gets here. Including having the doughnuts and coffee I promised. I feel like I've moved lots of things to the new place, as I had this awesome 2 week overlap, but now, it seems insufficient. Which is astounding because, Geez, most people and most times I've moved, there is no overlap. Anyway, I may try to get a few things done this morning, so I should probably get to it. Just getting that off my chest. Expect a relieved and/or post-mortem on Sunday. Cross your fingers for no disaster.

No comments: