Monday, August 13, 2007

Stars

Wheee! I finally got to listen to the new Stars album! Here's my favorite track:

"Barricade" sample at Last fm

I'm sorry! But the line, "Oh, how could anyone not love the terrible things you do?" might be the best line ever. (Tied with, "How could anyone not love your cold, black heart?")

Other favorite from the album: "My *Favourite Book". *(Canadians!)

"My Favourite Book" sample at Last fm


The album comes out in September and is titled "In Our Bedroom After The War". If you aren't familiar with this band, please do yourself a favor and listen to some of their tracks. Beautiful music and amazing lyrics. This band is easily in my top 3! And I'm indecisive so narrowing it down that much is a big deal!

It's not their best album, personally I give "Heart" and/or "Nightsongs" that honor, (depending on my mood), but it's a great one nonetheless. Squee!



Okay, I got carried away with Stars info!

Other than the Joni Mitchell I've been obsessed with lately, ("California", "All I Want", "You Turn Me On, [I'm A Radio]", and "Twisted" to name a few), these are my Songs of the Moment. Wow, it's been a while since I've had one of those.

And now that I mentioned it, I have to post some "Twisted" lyrics because this song makes me laugh so hard.

"They say as a child, I appeared a little bit wild, with all my crazy ideas. But I knew what was happening, I knew I was a genius. What's so strange when you know that you're a wizard at three? I knew that this was meant to be.

"Now I heard little children were supposed to sleep tight. That's why I got into the vodka one night. My parents got frantic, didn't know what to do. But I saw some crazy scenes before I came to, now. Do you think I was crazy? I might have been only three, but I was swinging!"

On to more important matters! I finally got a snap of that infamous billboard I wrote about last week here.




Lots of mutimedia today! I'm getting pretty good with this html stuff, I must say.

No comments: