Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I Now Pronouce You Mrs. Coffee

This union has been coming for a while now. I finally found a coffee maker that I love waking up to in the morning.

I had just gotten a new coffee maker in November after being forced to abandon my old one when I left NY. (Along with my vacuum, a wonderful painting, both of my TVs, a card table, my infamous recliner, and loads and loads of other things. I could only take what would fit in my car.) Once in LA, I used my roommates until November and then, when I moved to my new place, I bought a new one.

This coffee maker was one that I thought would last forever. It was Black and Decker and matched my kitchen and was stainless steel. Well looks can be decieving. It didn't keep my coffee warm, which was my biggest complaint, where literally, immediately after making the coffee it would turn off and start cooling. It had bragged on its box that coffee stayed warm for two hours. NOt so. After fifteen minutes, unable to reheat the coffee pot or even turn it on, I'd have to microwave my coffee. Disgrace!

I finally had enough and kicked it to the curb. And then I found my true love.

Mr. Coffee has a glass carafe and with that, has a delicious non-metallic taste. It's beautiful and most importantly, keeps my coffee hot for two hours. The coffee maker even has a clock in which it tells me how long my coffee has been sitting there, and sure enough, the coffee maker stays on until that two hour time is up. And it's a delightful temperature.




I couldn't be happier with him. My coffee is perfect. Someway, somehow, if I don't do the coffee to water ratio correctly, it knows and corrects it for a perfect cup everytime. It also has a water filter for the water! If you're in the market for a coffee maker, do yourself a favor and look this little guy up.

It was truly, love at first sip.

No comments: