Friday, April 13, 2007

Nothing's Official Yet

My computer has menopause Yep I said it It's been so cranky and has lost its once-working period Menopause is the only option I though dogs aged quickly, but no Computers are 25 years to every human year You'd think it's because I use this everyday, and perhaps you'd be right I use my computer an abnormal amount Carrying it from room to room as I go Sleeping with it beside my pillow Taking it to work with me

And now, we all must pay the price

Sure, for my job cover letters and resume, I copy and paste the periods An annoying task, but one that has to be done But here, well this is my haven I will simply ignore the rules of punctuation and use none

I had an interview yesterday and another this morning

The one this morning is exciting because I'd be working on set again No, not as a grip or other job in which I swore I'd never do again But as an Assistant Editor On set Times, they are a changing

This job would mean twelve hours a day, easily Six days a week as advertised One would wonder how anyone could have a life with such hours

But I want it And upon returning home after the interview, I'll jinx it throughly by telling you all about it


And boy oh boy, I just discovered that the html closing sign thing shares a bed with the period Darn, oh darn

1 comment:

Christie said...

So even though your (period) post was hilarious, the actual situation is not. I'm sorry. Dumb key! I know this is frustrating as crap...i hope it fixes itself very,very, very soon. Until then, please please write without it. You can even just say it's your style and start a new informal movement. ee cummings refused all of that punctuation and capitalization stuff unless he felt like using it for his own emphasis...so to heck with the the period. If you want me to, we can put up a front of solidarity and I'll write without it too see? Just say the word