Wednesday, February 06, 2008

What is my wash?

I was trying to say "Where is my key?" and instead, in what can only be described as Ms BCT's slaughter of another language, 2008, (previously on: 2003 trip to France where I insisted on saying "Si" instead of "Oui", constantly!), I said, "What is my wash?". I was laughed at, to say the least. Estupido American.

Yes, this was during my poor attempt to learn Spanish from the nice valet man at work, who may or may not be inappropriate at times. ("Yo es no tu amore!" <---incorrect I'm sure, but you get the drift).

i also need to remember to say "Por favor"! How rude am I, demanding my key like that?

I'm going to get political on you for a second. Did you vote today? Super Tuesday. Hillary won CA. Sad! I think I love Obama. He's one of the most amazing speech-givers of our century. Fantastic speaker. Charismatic and so sensible. I like the man. I feel like he could be a landmark Pres. But that's just me. To each their own. We'll see what the people want I guess.

I'm just so tired of hearing of all these things that have been going on in this country. How so slowly, yet surely, we've lost our middle class. The best way this can be demonstrated in a tangible form is looking, and comparing, the Forbes "Richest People in America" list today and twenty years ago. Twenty years ago, the top 10 were millionaires. Today, BILLIONAIRES. Think about it. And freaking tax breaks for companies who send work to other countries??!? And, come on people, war on terror. I'm a pretty conservative democrat/independent, but can't our government see that the Middle East is getting billions and billions of dollars for oil exporting? Where do you guys think a lot of that money goes? It would be naive to think that at least some of it doesn't fund terriorism. Okay, so using our brains instead of our guns, why don't we put money into searching for alternate fuel sources. Not only one that would be better for the environment, but one that would cut terrorism, at least down, from the source! And while America is no longer an economic icon, it is a cultural one. Where we lead, the world would follow. So why hasn't this happened? Why haven't small moves at least been made in this direction? Well this is just my hypothesis, but I believe it has something to do with the billions of dollars oil companies in America would lose. (The money would stay in America, but go elsewhere.) Which is suspect only because of the close oil relationships in our White House. Sound like a crazy theory? Just think about it! It makes so much sense, it's scary! I think America has had enough old, white men in the White House. It's a new world and I believe that we need to get old, incestuous money out of the White House and bring someone in who can perhaps give a more unbiased view to some of our biggest issues today. And I'm tired of old, white men. (Have I mentioned that?) Not to mention the completely enraging civil liberties issues of today. It's our generation's slavery to a certain degree. It's prejudist and mind blowing at how small minded people in this day and age can be.

Anyway, just checking in. Hope your voice was heard today or in the upcoming primaries in your state.

No comments: